WORDE specialists collaborate, advise and provide resources to the US Government on a number of foreign and domestic issues from countering violent extremism, homeland security, civil rights, to Muslim-community outreach and engagement.
WORDE strives to engender trust between the government and Muslim American communities through several avenues. We provide policymakers, law enforcement, and public officials with a better understanding of the difference between mainstream Islam and radical ideologies. Our cultural competency training facilitates the government’s outreach efforts to Muslim organizations and socio-cultural networks. Our specialists foster peaceful civic engagement, and work with government recruiters to encourage young Muslim Americans to serve our country.
Programs WORDE is Regularly Involved With:
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence: Heritage Council
Broadening the Muslim community’s involvement with intelligence agencies within the Heritage Council.
- National Counterterrorism Center: Promoting a community approach to counterterrorism.
- Department of Justice: Working with the Civil Rights Division to uphold the civil and constitutional rights of all Americans.
- Department of Defense: Providing defense analysts and policymakers information about countering violent extremism in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Congressional Anti-Terror Caucus: Working with Congresswoman Sue Myrick’s office to inform policymakers about domestic and foreign threats.
- LAPD & Law Enforcement: Advising law enforcement officials on best practices developed within the Muslim community to address social conflicts.