Illustrating lessons learned and best practices from two years of programming and evaluation, WORDE produced an accompanying Instructor’s Manual to supplement the evaluation and guide communities and CVE practitioners in:
- Building positive and collaborative relationships with diverse Muslim communities
- Understanding the potential risk factors of radicalization and mobilization to violent extremism
- Creating a community-led engagement model to counter violent extremism
The curriculum is divided into three, interactive modules that can be taught separately as ‘stand-alone’ units of instruction. If taught consecutively, the curriculum is designed to be a multi-day training, with each module requiring several hours of instruction depending on time dedicated to all the activities and discussion questions.
Download the Instructor’s Manual > “Developing a Community-Led Approach to Countering Violent Extremism”
Download each module’s PowerPoint:
- Module 1 > Engaging Muslim Communities
- Module 2 > Potential Risk Factors of Radicalization*
- Module 3 > WORDE’s Community-led Model to Counter Violent Extremism*
*Note: Modules 2 & 3 contain low resolution videos. For higher resolution versions, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org).